Key Information – Barmulloch & Sighthill Glasgow
- Contract Form – Sub Contractor to CCG Scotland Ltd.
- Client – Glasgow Housing Association.
- Location – Barmulloch & Sighthill Glasgow.
- Approx Value of Full Contract £25-30 Million.
- Start Date June 2014.
- Completion Date December 2016.
We worked in partnership with CCG on 2 of the largest social housing developments in Glasgow at the time – Barmulloch & Sighthill Glasgow. As both sites were running together we had to ensure adequate labour and cash flow was available to meet handover deadlines. Our Sub Contractor Works Valued in excess of £500K.
Working closely with project and site managers we had to ensure works were planned timeously and in conjunction with other trades. All deliveries were booked in to accommodate a steady progression of works.
The project involved a closely monitored programme of works where the main element of the fencing and landscape works entailed working closely behind other trades to ensure houses were handed over in time. Works also involved working in and around occupied homes as handover dates progressed.
- Ground Clearance and Weed Control carried out by our PA1 & PA6 qualified staff.
- Ground Preparation for Turf and Plant/ Tree installation.
- Soft Landscaping including Planting Hedges, Trees Shrubs & installing bark.
- Hard Landscaping including Timber Fencing & Gates, Post & Wire fences for hedge support, Installation of Crib Wall, Bin Stores.
- Cleansing and Power Washing of brick work on new builds and pavements.
- Works involved working in and around occupied properties liaising with residents & GHA Housing Officers.
- Work Space & Deliveries were at times Restricted due to Location and Parked Cars and had to be managed and monitored to minimise disruption to surrounding residents and businesses.
We installed new fences, hedging, shrubs, trees, bark, lawns, gates, crib wall fencing and shrub planting, security gates, bin stores, ground maintenance.